Saturday, July 16, 2005

baby's arrival

i'm finally home from the hospital.. i was there fer almost a week!
was admitted on the 7th cuz i tot my water broke and i was so excited bout going into labor. unfortunately, it was just a false alarm! haha.. but my doc suggested i stay to be monitored and so i did... then, on the 9th while i was relaxing on my bed after lunch, i felt this gush and whoa! it just kept on dribbling! that was when i knew my water has officially broken!
then it was another round of waiting game... waited for my contractions the whole day! they never came...
i was admitted into the labor ward at about 11 sunday morning where the doctor inserted a tablet to help trigger contractions to dilate my cervix... the pain only came bout 6 hrs later... so i was lying there bored out of my mind. n since my contractions were irregular, i had to have oxytocin drips to regulate them... sigh.. i was getting impatient, all i wanted to do was get the baby out!
i opted for an all naturale birth.. no anesthetics, no epidural.. haha.. but my baby's heart couldn't take it.. everytime i get a strong contraction, his heartbeat goes flying up to 200! then come down to 80! i was freaking out watching the monitor.. in the end bout 9pm the doc says i had to go for emergency c-section cuz my cervix only dilated 3cm! goodness...
so in the end i was wheeled into the operating theatre where my baby came screaming at 10.35pm... i was freezing cold and groggy but relieved...

No comments: