Saturday, April 15, 2006

boy or girl?

Sometimes I wonder if people ask questions just to irk you or they're just plain ignorant. I know Baby Khalis looked like a girl when he had long hair, but even after cutting it short, dressed him up in shirt, shorts and sandals, people are still asking the same annoying question: "Girl ar?" "Boy or girl ar?"
even after I tell them 'boy', then they'll go "Hah? Boy ar? Aiyoh so cute look like girl!" So am I suppose to pleased to hear that my son is cute to the point where he looks like a girl?
I didn't think I would be so bothered by it but as more ignorant people ask me that same question, the more I feel like telling them to wash their eyeballs and look carefully before asking, "Boy or girl ar?"
It's not that I'm being hostile. I like showing him off to the world but as who he is. A boy! With big doey eyes, button nose and pouty lips which are of inheritance of both me and his daddee.. Of course I feel proud when someone comes up to us and say how adorable he is or even when someone is passing by and remarks on how cute he is, just don't ask if he's a boy or a girl when it's so obvious!
So, next time you see him, keep in mind that he's a boy and please, aren't you tired of asking a baby its gender?

No comments: