Thursday, July 20, 2006

Baby #2

When my menses were late for a week, I was praying hard that it's due to weight loss or stress or any other reasons besides being pregnant. Thinking back, we were careful, weren't we? WEREN'T WE?!
After a brief thought about it I had to get myself a home pregnancy test kit to find out and lo and behold! The results? 2 obvious blue lines. My heart sank. I know I should be ecstatic about it but instead I feel like a teenager in trouble.
How can I be pregnant again? I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. It felt like a blur. Thinking God must be playing a trick on me. We went to the clinic the next day and the doctor told us there's not much point to take the test again as these things are quite accurate (it's more likely a false results if it was a negative)...
There's so many weighty issues on our minds. Baby Buk, our new house, our financial status. I was more worried about hubby. Is he able to cope with another baby? I guess it wouldn't be so bad if we didn't just spend a fortune renovating our place.
It took us a few days for reality to sink in and finally accepted the fact that there isn't much we can do about it but to cherish and be thankful to Allah S.W.T. for His blessings.
Now, I actually do feel happy about being pregnant again and am looking forward to our new little bundle of joy!

1 comment:

*Dream Weaver* said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
ekkk i am so happy for yous.
I didnt even know you had a blog till I was browsing through lisha's. :) I will add you soonest.
I can't believe you are going to have another kid, I am so super happy for you and to think that your baby Buk (cute name)is already one! Wow... time sure passes by so fast.
*hugsss
hope things work out well for you and yes, blessings such as your new baby are from God.
should meet up soon to catch up and see you Buk. *smiles*
perhaps in your new house *hint hint* :)