Thursday, May 15, 2008

My long lost godbrother pt1

It's been almost 5 years since i last saw Paul and 4 years since we last spoke. He was supposed to attend my wedding back in 2004 but was down with a flu bug. Recently I emailed him on his birthday (which was a day before my wedding anniversary) and waited anxiously for a reply.

I have no idea where he can be.. Tried calling his Ipoh line but no one would answer.. I know he's constantly flying to and fro to NZealand as his family's there, but I didn't have his NZ contact info..

Paul and I have a special brotherly, sisterly bond =D We met when I was 15 and he was working at the cybercafe where I hang out. He thought I was this cute, bubbly teenage girl who seemed to be able to have a proper conversation with him (he is 7 years older!) And we just hit it off! I can't explain it but I'm so comfortable around him, we talk about everything. From my relationship with Amer to his girl problems (LOL)

I remember when I get upset I would run to Paul for comfort and he'll always listen and gives me his opinions (like an older brother would do.) He's even given me a nick: DancingPenguin. 'Penguin' because he says I waddle when I walk (think it's becuz my ponytail swings from side to side that gives him the impression that i waddle!) and 'Dancing' because I was a cheerleader/dancer in highschool.

He used to send me to a nearby 7-11 to get him a slurpee or junk but never fails to belanja me as well.. Once when he was late to have a lunch date with me, I ended up at Genki sushi and he still paid for my meal (out of guilt for keeping me waiting!)

Sometimes he would put his large arms on my tiny shoulder while we're talking to our friends which after a while I would nudge him away =D And I used to scream at him to slow down when he walks me home. He's so tall and takes such big steps that I have to double up on mine!

He's fun to hang out with and it's such a shame we lost contact for so long... I miss my 'brother!'

No comments: