Monday, October 13, 2008

Auditions!

A talent scout spotted Kayden at 1Utama and gave me a note from her company stating "...looking for cute and cheerful babies to appear in a TV commercial for a popular baby product.." I couldn't help but snicker at the word 'cheerful' cause as cute as he may be, Kd's not entirely a cheerful baby!

But I gave her my name and contact number nonetheless and felt a little excited after. Kd boy going for his 1st TV commercial audition!

So I decided to call up and arrange for the audition today. I must have changed my boys' clothes a thousand times before settling with a blue polo shirt and jeans for Kd and a collar shirt and khaki shorts for Khalis.. Then we were ready to go.

Finally found a nice parking spot after almost 30mins and proceeded up to the studio. When we got there, the casting manager decided to cast Khalis as well! Woohoo, this would be fun!

First Fira (the photographer) took some pictures of Khalis but the the cheeky boy kept making funny faces and sticking out his tongue. She managed to get some nice head shots and continued to record a video of him. He had to answer simple questions such as his name, age and what he likes. "Fire fighter truck" was his answer and started zooming around the room making siren noises.

Then it was Kd's turn and oh boy was he a tough one to work with! =D He refused to sit on the stool for his head shots so Fira decided to videotape him first instead. I was encouraging him to play with some toys, clap his hands and look happy and it didn't go down too well.. After a while he just got tired of being told what to do and started squealing and throwing tantrum especially when they needed him to drink from a sippy cup.. We bribed him with raisins just to get a headshot of him! =D

An hour plus went by and we couldn't get Kd to do much anymore. My headache was getting worse so we decided to wrap things up.. Their pictures and videos would be reviewed by the client (Dumex) and we'll just have to wait and see if they are shortlisted for the commercial.

I'm glad to experience this with my boys. Although a little tiring, it was quite fun! Reminds me of my personal portfolio days =D

Keeping my fingers crossed and hope to hear good news from Talent Gallery!

No comments: