Monday, January 12, 2009

...and here's 2009...

So much has happened since my last entry.. Some good.. some not so good.. Some happy days and a lot of 'I wanna tear my hair out' days..

Anyway, boys are bickering on a daily basis.. Kd has such a stubborn streak (not from me, really!) followed by his foul temper. He's started throwing things when he doesn't get his way and screams bloody murder at his brother for taking something away from him (understandably it is annoying when that happens).. He's almost 2 now but he still can't form simple sentences.. Actually he still can't quite say a lot of things except for his famous exasperated 'NO...'

Khalis started his 4 year old class and he's enjoying it.. no problems there.. (phew!) He's also learned the art of scrunching up his face when he's angry while folding his arms at chest.. as well as throwing a fit (yes screaming, stomping, flailing arms etc..) when things don't go his way (especially when he has to leave the playground or when he's enjoying a certain activity)..

They do drive me nuts and sometimes I feel numbed to their squabbling.. I can't scream when they're screaming cause obviously they won't hear me (or choose not to!) so I just have to breathe.. get myself together and wait til they're done.. Usually it works depending on how long-winded they can get..

Definitely a challenge these days with these monsters of mine.. They both need constant affection but they become possessive when I cuddle with one.. It sure is tough to spend equal amount with 2.. I've tried taking Khalis out on a 1-on-1 date and he really enjoys his Mummy-time.. I should do it often..

I would think I'm a good mother but I know there's plenty of room to improve.. Bringing up well-mannered, good behaviour, positive and happy kids are such an importance - it's in overdrive!

Wish it would be a great 2009 filled with laughter and happy tears =D

No comments: