Friday, April 24, 2009

My shoe obsession

I have a weakness for shoes. Period.
From shopping in shoe shops to exploring the online shoe world, I just can't help ogling and salivating over them. (High heels and boots in particular)

When I first saw the pair of Aldo boots in FaceBook's Shoes application, I just had to hunt for them. Soon enough I found the gorgeous pair in Aldo 1Utama (what luck!) tried it on and immediately in NEED to own it.

I liked it so much I didn't care about the fact that they were 1size too small (and forget bout the price!). Call me crazy but I convinced myself the boots would stretch and fit me.. eventually =D
Then I started exploring the online world and discovered this lovely baby...


Picture credited to duskywings

Simple yet sweet and I do like white shoes =) Arranged for purchase and meet-up with the blogshop owner almost immediately and I just fell in love with the pair.. Unfortunately, after wearing them just two times, this happened..



I was devastated! How in the world did the heel break? I really fancied them. Nonetheless, I contacted the seller and she was very understanding and willing to pay me back my money. To heal my heartbreak, (and also to stop looking like a fool walking around barefoot in a mall..) I went and looked for another pair.. So this lovely white pair of White Angela is replaced with..


I found this in Opera shoe shop in 1Utama and they cost slightly more than White Angela.. =)
Although it wasn't a good experience for me to buy shoes online, I wanted to give others a chance. I found this site which custom designs canvas shoes called tenladytoes (http://tenladytoes.blogspot.com/) and most of their designs are oh so cute! Told my sister about it and we both ordered our respective shoes =)


Aren't they cute? TLT had 2 different designs which I liked and decided to combine them and came up with this. Although I preferred more 'grass' and 'swirls' I was happy with them. TLT did a good job and are very pleasant sellers.
Soon find myself in a shoe frenzy and constantly in search of new ones. Along came the Bradshaws epidemic! Everyone was talking about (and not just in the online world) and when I saw the design, I practically swooned! =D

But since we can only pre-order them from the blogshops (imported from the US) I was in doubt.. Not because of trust issues, but the shoe sizes differ from the ones we have here. Think I kept visiting the blogshops just to drool over the Bradshaws for weeks.

One day, I found someone reselling hers in size 7 (which was my size) and this time, I could try on and check out the quality before purchasing them. Guess what I did? ;) My own pair of purple Bradshaws!

Hard not to admire! =D

With all these news shoes, the older ones are pretty neglected and Hubs has been complaining.. I don't blame him but he should see this coming ;)


My new obsession!

No comments: