Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A 'Grown up' Conversation

Whilst driving home, Buk asked if he could sleep in our room tonight.. I reminded him that he's only allowed to have a 'sleepover' on Fridays and Saturdays. (It's like a lil' weekend treat for him lol..)

The rest of the conversation went like this..

I can sleep in your room when I'm a father, right?

Huh? Father?

Yea because I'll be too tall for my bed. And Daddy sleeps in your room because he can't fit in a small bed..

I tried so hard not to laugh at his straightforward answer lol!

I started explaining to him how when he's a father he'll have his own family.. his own home and room and a big bed to sleep in (Gee.. I can't bring myself to think of him as a grown up).. Then he said..

Oh then I don't have to go to school anymore, right?

*Laughs* Yeah you'd be working by then..

Ok then I don't have to sleep in your room?

No, baby.. You'll have your own when you're a grown up..

Oh.. Look Kd Boy! A cement mixer!

=.=

Well.. That ended our 'grown up' conversation lol!

No comments: