Friday, May 01, 2009

Understanding Kd's language

We always thought KD Boy was a wee bit slow in speaking (compared to his brother who could form simple sentences at 21 mths) but when he did pick up.. oh boy did he pick it up well. Some time after CNY he ditched his baby talk and spoke words we could actually understand. In that few months, he also learnt all his ABCs and 123s from his brother! (The wonders of having an older sibling lol!)

We still have trouble understanding him at times.. especially words that sound similar and those which starts with 'S'..

Once he was saying bird..fly..dai! I went 'die'? No.. dai! At that moment I was scrambling my brain trying to figure out what he was saying then it occured to me.. Sky! Lol! Yup bird fly in the sky.. not die.. duh! =D

Recently Buk screamed 'monster! monster!' while running away from Hubs and KD happily joined in the fun. Hubs and I rolled with laughter when we heard KD cuz he went..


'Monjer! Monjer!'


And this is after we got rid of the 'Monjer' Yay!

He can also name all his favourite Tranformers characters (shortened, of course) and what they transform into hehe. My boys are such Tranformers fans that we have so many of the toys it's like an invasion. (Ok admittedly both Mummy and Daddy are big fans too ;D)

And my lil chipmunk adores his dinosaurs books and toys. His favourite? Tritops (Triceratops!)

1 comment:

Kathlynn said...

Im already so in love with this "monjer" boy!~ :)

Yeah,it's me... but shuuuuuuuu :)