Friday, August 07, 2009

Suction cups

Went for physio yesterday and therapist tortured me huhuuu...

First she pressed on my back with such force I was oww-ing and squirming away.. The pain is still as intense as before! Then she used a different machine on me..

I had a few of these 'suction cups' all over my back I'm sure I looked like out of some alien movie!

These 'suction cups' are connected to a machine which gives out whirring sounds as it work. Kinda like a generator :p

The cups actually gives out current as it sucks (that's the best way I could describe it!) That's why large round facial sponges are used to avoid pinching on the skin. I lost track on how long these cups were on me but when they were removed, I could feel muscle spasm esp around my lower back area..

After being an 'alien' they covered me with ice packs to help calm down the inflammation in my muscles.. I usually have one on my back but this time they put one on my shoulder as well and boy.. it was much colder and tingly! Then everything went numb..

Grr.. if only the numbness in my back lasts forever! I'm spending too much time travelling to the hospital and not to mention the amount I'm using from the medical insurance!

No comments: