Friday, January 30, 2009

CNY

Our 1st day started out slow with the kids getting up early, breakfast and so on.. Khalis refused to wish us Gong Xi Fa Chai.. Instead he says Happy Chinese New Year! Such a mat salleh boy =D

We got ready to leave for CNY lunch at my dad's in Sunway. Every time we meet up with my dad's side of uncles and aunts, I can't help but feel anxious. I know Hubby doesn't really enjoy seeing them because of their drinking habits and loudness and I always wonder what could possibly happen this time.

Last year my dad offered to get us KFC cuz of the non-halal food which was fine.. Only thing is that there were plates of fried pork on the table where we were eating! Hubby and I just kept quiet although we felt uneasy throughout lunch.

This year, they prepared a separate pot of soup and some prawns, fish and abalone ala steamboat style for us which was very sweet of them indeed. BUT... my dear cousin brought his dog over and it started sniffing at our feet the moment we arrived. Don't get me wrong I love dogs but we try to teach the boys that we shouldn't play with them because of our religion.

The worst part is that they were feeding the poor dog beer!! Great! Beer and dog in the house! It was woozy after a while and they put him in the garden. I felt so uncomfortable sitting on the sofa and trying not to think of where the dog has been. Kids were playing on the floor it was just icky!

Mycousin's gf (who only found out we're Muslims while we were there) then said smthg like 'let's just go-lah! The dog so troublesome!' This was after the dog came in again and Kd wanted to touch it and out of reaction I pulled him back and told him no touch. Kd bawled thinking I scolded him. They left soon after.. Not that I want to complain but where's the courtesy and respect? Right?

I have a problem bout commenting on the liquors (and now dogs) to my family cause I don't want to turn out to be the 'mar fan' one. I've tried suggesting having dinners at halal restaurants but only to fall on deaf ears. Hence, we try to avoid big family dinners for the sake of our sanity and we rather makan with dad alone (or with my siblings and stepmum). I want my boys to spend time with their koong-koong as much as possible in a comfortable and 'clean' environment =D

No comments: