Friday, January 30, 2009

My latest toy

Phone conversation with my Dad.

Me: Hi, Dee

Dad: Ah Yan, ah Dee here ar.. What you want for your birthday?

Me: Har? Birthday ar.. Errr I'm not sure..

(He caught me offguard as I wasn't expecting that question)

Me: Oh, oh I want a camera! A Nikon D60 would be nice.. Hehe

Dad: A camera? What for? You use wan meh? When you gonna use it? Why you want it for?

(Yes he likes to interrogate me that way)

Me: Hehe.. Err.. Use to take pictures? Haha.. It's ok Dee, you can get me anything. I don't mind.

Dad: Hmmph.. Ok lah I'll see what I can find.

Me: Ok, Dee..

After we hung up I didn't think much of it cause I wasn't expecting him to look for what I wanted. When he said 'I'll see what I can find', I assumed he meant looking for something totally non-camera related.

Later that day he called again.

Me: Hi, Dee!

Dad: Ah Yan ar.. Daddy got you an Olympus camera. Better than the Nikon one.

Me: Har?? Really? Haha I was just kidding!

Dad: Yeah it's your birthday present so it's ok..

Me: Hehe ok thanks Dee..

So my Dad bought me an Olympus E420 DSLR. It comes with a twin kit lens and a camera bag. He also bought me an 8gb memory card and he was clear to let me know how much it cost! =D So typical of him but I'm thankful and yes a little spoilt as well. The precious pressie is worth RM2300 ;D

No comments: